Preparation and Anticipation; Friends, family and loved
Ours was a day of anticipation as we prepared ourselves for the challenge
ahead of us. We packed 5 days of food, organize our personal gear and built
red blood cells. Even though we are a small team and were not the first team
to the mountain, our Sherpas are leading the charge breaking trail and fixing
the route to the summit plateau. Many of the teams that were waffling have now
decided to give it a go……unfortunately it looks like there could be heavy
traffic on the route if they all go at the same time. An Italian just flew
down to ABC from camp II using his paraglider.
If all goes well, we should return to Advanced Base Camp around the 3rd of
October. This is later than we originally planned but we need to be flexible
due to weather conditions. Now we need a week of reasonable weather. Please
keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.
Kale Pa! Vern Tejas