02.50pm GMT Matt Snook
& Peter Sunnucks will be next, they are about 20minutes from Summit (stu is
making his way down and will gradually report on each member). Also on summit
Mingma Sherpa, Dorjee Khatri, Phurba Ridar Sherpa. Simon Price turned round
and we believe he is at high camp (unconfirmed).
23rd May - 02.35pm GMT Stu telephoned from the summit, he is
on the top with Brendan and their Sherpas! Max is very close behind and should
be on top within the next 5minutes. Congratulations!
22nd May - 11.35pm GMT
Text from Stu at Second Step, he
says weather is brilliant!
22nd May - 11.25pm GMT
Text from Stu at
(Daves comment - so its about 3hrs
22nd May - 8.30pm GMT
The team is on its way, text from
Stu at First Step! (Good luck to all the team ...dave)
22nd May - 1.00pm GMT
The team made it to camp at 7800m
late last night. The wind has reduced to only a light breeze throughout last
night and into this morning, perfect conditions for allowing the team to set
off at 9am (local time) this morning for their ascent up to camp 3 at 8300m,
arriving at 3pm (local time).
The team are now resting at camp 3 (8300m) on oxygen and
keeping hydrated. They will be departing camp 3 at 10.30pm (local time),
aiming to reach the 'Second Step' for sunrise at around 4am (local time), then
continue on to the summit for around 8am (local time).
Everyone is in good spirits, and eager for their summit
The group continues to wait for a good weather forecast, although it appears
there will be a small drop in summit winds around the 16-17th May it is likely
we will wait for a more positive and defined window that appears to be forming
for the period 23-26th. Dave Pritt
10th May All the team + 6 sherpa finally came down to BC on
the 8th May. We are now all resting and waiting for the weather window to
come in, When that might be is the big question. Apparently the rope fixing
team have moved up to ABC and are planning to attempt final summit fix on
the 16th. It's Heathers 34th Birthday tomorrow and it sounds like Stephen &
Max have plans to celebrate the day with some sort of team orienteering
activities around base camp...
Leader : Stu Peacock
Leader : Matt Dickinson
|Nuru Wangchhu Sherpa
|Sonam Dorjee Sherpa
||Nima Thundu Sherpa
|Dawa Dorjee Sherpa
|Tsring Namgyal Sherpa
|Phurba Ridar Bhote
Gyanu Lama B
|Bhola Paudel - Sirdar
Update: Matt D, Heather, Pete & Matt S have had their first
night at the North Col. They have had a lot of snow up there, nearly a meter,
which has limited any attempt to move up the ridge. They will have another
night at the col tonight to help with acclimatization. If they cannot make any
further progress on the ridge then they will descend back to ABC.
All other team members are now down at BC.
All the team wish Geordie a Happy 21st Birthday today. I'm
sure he won't forget where he was on this occasion.
2nd May: Stu has been in contact this morning to confirm his
group have had a successful but wild and cold period of acclimatization on and
above the North Col! He described their walk up the North Ridge to 7300m as
the worst weather (cold and strong winds) he had ever experienced on Everest
during his three previous expeditions. So well done to those who were able to
complete their acclimatization.
Matt and his group (Heather, Pete and Matt) will go to the
North Col today for a couple of nights.
The group will now drop down to Base camp for a well
deserved rest before making their attempt on the summit.
Progress has been excellent to date and the expedition is
making perfect time.It is normal to have a period of about six days at BC to
fully rest, eat plenty and wait for the good weather before summit attempts
start. My estimation on the program from now is: BC rest 3rd -10th May and if
the weather looks good aim for the summit around the 16th. We will be watching
the weather reports carefully as we progress through this week. As normal we
will be posting more regular reports and throughout the night of the summit
day/s.(Dave Pritt, Director)
Following the unfortunate incident which occurred to another
team on 26th April (described below) Jantoon, Donn, Scott and Micky have
decided to leave behind their attempt on Everest and will start their journey
back to Kathmandu. We wish them well.
weather, high altitude double boot for extreme conditions The Olympus
Mons is the perfect choice for 8000-meter peaks. This super lightweight
double boot has a PE thermal insulating inner boot that is coupled with
a thermo-reflective outer boot with an integrated gaiter. We used a
super insulating lightweight PE outsole to keep the weight down and the
TPU midsole is excellent for crampon compatibility and stability on
steep terrain. WEIGHT: 39.86 oz • 1130 g LAST: Olympus Mons
CONSTRUCTION: Inner: Slip lasted Outer: Board Lasted OUTER BOOT: Cordura®
upper lined with dual-density PE micro-cellular thermal insulating
closed cell foam and thermo-reflective aluminium facing/ Insulated
removable footbed/ Vibram® rubber rand
See more here.