49th day of the 10 Years of
Brazil on Everest Expedition
Base Camp (5,400m)
The week starts with the best
of expectations and with and anxiety which increases by the moment. Now the
weather forecast scares us with the wind speed, which should easily be over
100 Km/h above 8 thousand meters of altitude, the blue sky and the sun seduce
us and make us think that we will soon have a chance to get to the top of
Today is a spectacular day,
with a completely blue sky and not a cloud in the sky, and now, by the end of
the afternoon, it continues the same, now our weather station here on base is
reporting winds of 26.3 Km/h, which makes us think that in higher altitudes
the wind should be stronger.
We are accessing the Internet
every moment, with the hope of getting a message that says "it's now". And it
is probable that our dream will come true by the end of the week, because the
forecast for stronger winds stands until Thursday or Friday.
The plan is not to rush, to
wait until we are certain that it is worth climbing, until it is really
possible to make an attempt to reach the summit. We can say that this way we
are really in the hands of the weathermen, that the forecasts are then the
best possible. Each day we get new forecasts, I, personally, think that we
would only have an attack plan after we get the information on Wednesday or
Hope??? The hope is that the
wind recedes, that the "jet stream" disappears, and that the humidity in the
higher altitudes stays below 30%. If the forecasts confirm that, a lot of
teams, a lot of climbers, should leave base camp around Thursday or Friday,
with the hope that in the next days they would finish climbing Everest, being
sure of the success.
Let's hope with faith that
the Flag of Brazil waves again on the Top of the World!!!
"10 Years of Brazil on
Look at the wide angle
picture of our base camp this morning, with Pumori (7,165m) in the background.
The day is very nice today, and remained the same all day long. In the
picture at the bottom, which I just shot now at 16h11, you can see the prayer
flags being blown by the wind and the Icefall in the background, between the
West Ridge of Everest (left) and Nuptse (right).
Irivan and I count with your
support now more than ever!
Translated from Portuguese by
Sport Everest Boot Expedition and mountaineering boot for high altitude
and extremely cold conditions. The Everest has conquered all 14
mountains over 8,000m and also the Seven Summits- and has now had a
makeover to ensure continued peak preformance. With a newer sung, Alpine
Fit, and even lighter
Expedition footwear for
mountaineering in conditions of extreme cold. NOTE US
See more here.