68th day of
Exp. Celebrating 10 years of Brazil in Everest
were going to start our final attempt, but we decided to postpone until
tomorrow, because the weather forecast is a mess, and weather itself is
between midnight and 1 am, we had a violent lightning
basecamp. It was more than an hour under scary lightning and thunders. In the
beginning I thought it was an avalanche, but later the noise became so loud
that made me actually get out of the tent. Then I heard consecutive thunders
followed by lightning in the middle of deep fog. This morning, after the
storm, it was one of the prettiest days ever.
the weather itself keeps us confused, and we are here observing it, imagine
for the metheorologists that have to make a forecast! The result is more
confusion! The "window" that was going to happen in the first week of June is
already out of question. We will have unstable days, variable winds and
possibly one or another storm. The monsoon already started its movement, but
it will reach Everest after mid-June.
hope never fades away, we will go till the end!
reasonable weather forecast, which means winds at 30-50 km/h and relatively
clear skies, I believe there will be a summit possibility between May 29 and
30, and between June 1st and 2nd. We're still at basecamp, so we hope today's
"attack groups" are already at Camp 3 enjoying the 1st opportunity. We will
climb tomorrow to Camp 2 hoping we can get the second opportunity.
folks, stay tuned, the next days will be pure emotion!
picture you can see the big "mushroom" of clouds over Everest during
yesterday's sunrise, announcing the night storm. The wind blew at an absurd
speed, certainly more than 130 km/h, but the cloud over Everest didn't move.
It started on the south side and faded in the north side.
A big hug,
from Portuguese by Lucia Andreia
Sport Everest Boot has made some minor changes by adding
more Kevlar. USES Expeditions / High
altitude / Mountaineering in extremely cold conditions / Isothermal to
-75°F Gore-Tex® Top dry / Evazote Reinforcements with aramid threads.
Avg. Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz Sizes: 5 - 14 DESCRIPTION Boot with semi-rigid
shell and built-in Gore-Tex® gaiter reinforced by aramid threads, and
removable inner slipper Automatic crampon attachment Non-compressive
fastening Double zip, so easier to put on Microcellular midsole to
increase insulation Removable inner slipper in aluminized alveolate
Fiberglass and carbon footbed Cordura + Evazote upper Elasticated
Expedition footwear for
mountaineering in conditions of extreme cold. NOTE US
SIZES LISTED. See more here.