Home
   Today's News
   8000 Meters Facts
  
Banners Ads
   Bookstore
   Classified Ads
   Climb for Peace
  
Contact
   E-mail (Free)
  
Educational
  
Expeditions
  
Facts
  
Forum
  
Games
  
Gear
  
History
  
Interviews
  
Mailing List

   News (current)
   News Archives
   Sat Phones
   Search
   Seven Summits
   Snowboard
   Speakers
   Students
   Readers Guide
   Risks
   Visitor Agreement
 

 


  


George Dijmarescu Everest 2003


 

 George Dijmarescu: Everest 2003

American George Dijmarescu has Summited Everest four times from the North, once without oxygen. If he summits again this year it will be 5 consecutive times via the North route...

Report 3 (May 16th Tibet 5PM): Dear EverestNews.com readers, Today new weather forecast provided by Kari Kobler, the leader of the Swiss exp. explained clearly that our initial planed summit day of May 18 is not a favorable one, strong winds above 8500m in excess of 50 knots made us postponed the summit day until May 21st, with favorable summit days on 20th and 21st. The later will have slower winds but I prefer to have a return date to ABC with better weather. This waiting period is at times nerve grinding, however patience is very important. I am glad my partners understood the situation and will try kill the time of the next two days as best as possible. We are playing chess, and backgammon. Food is plentiful and of superior quality, chicken meat and from time to time watermelon. Our Sherpa, with all the work completed are bathing in the sun, chatting with fellow Sherpas from various expeditions. With tension mounting I feel more and more close with what is left of our expedition, the strongest members, the most motivated, the luckiest. With the arrival from BC of Marius Gane, Coco Galescu and Sebastian, our Doctor, the team is completed once again, healthy and ready to go. It is to bad I don't have their permission to write about them. I can say that Fane delight us every day with his humor making time pass more rapidly. The wind here at ABC is still annoying however warm above zero. With the change in weather forecast most expeditions start preparing new strategy and wisely so. I predict a rush of humans on 20th and 21st, this cannot be a good news for any of those who will chose those dates. As an encouraging note we are not harassed anymore from the BC or from the TV station PRO TV, at least for the moment. As I mention before I believe that climbers should have a peace of mind, to be left alone and not be bother with details or news that will disrupt their concentration from their goal. Again for those who wish to write us please do so, we thank those in Sibiu for their encouraging words, Fane and Lucian. Until next time, once again thanks to those who supported us.

George Dijmarescu, ABC, Tibet

To e-mail George Dijmarescu

 





 

Altitude pre-
  
acclimatization

   Ascenders

   Atlas snowshoes

   Black Diamond

   Botas

   Brunton

   Carabiners

   CaVa Climbing Shoes
   Clearance

   Clif Bar

   Cloudveil

   CMI

   Crampons

   Edelweiss ropes
  
Eureka Tents

   Featured

   FoxRiver

   Garmin

   Granite Gear

   Harnesses
   Headlamps
   Helmets

   HighGear
   Ice Axes

   Kavu Eyewear

   Katadyn

   Kelty

   Kong

   Lekisport

   Lowepro

   Motorola

   Mountain Hardwear

   Mountainsmith

   MSR

   Nalgene

   New England Ropes

   Nikwax

   Omega

   Patagonia

   Pelican

   Petzl

   PowerBar

   Princeton Tec

   Prescription Glacier

   Glasses

   Primus

   Rope Bags

   Seattle Sports

   Serius
  
Sleeping Bags

   Stubai

   Suunto

   Tents

   Thermarest

   Trango

   Tool Logic

   Trekking Poles
   Yaktrax
  
and more here


Send email to mail2006@everestnews.com   •   Copyright© 1998-2003 EverestNews.com
All rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, Visitor Agreement, Legal Notes: Read it.