Today's News
   8000 Meters Facts
Banners Ads
   Classified Ads
   Climb for Peace


   Mailing List

News (current)
   News Archives
   Sat Phones
   Seven Summits
   Readers Guide

   Trip Reports
   Visitor Agreement






  Makalu 2010:  Zaharias Kiriakakis is lost on Makalu

Dear News Readers,

I am sorry to inform you that I decided to abandon further search for Zaharias Kiriakakis. Our Sherpa went up one last time to search close to the place we have last contact with him, but conditions make it impossible to find any signs of him. The snow is waist deep and the wind is hauling and erasing any traces. Haris is already up there for more than 5 days, without food, fuel, oxygen and shelter and I believe the chance to find him alive are nil. I can’t guarantee the safety of my Sherpa staff anymore; they are all exhausted and showing signs of high altitude pulmonary edema. If I keep sending them up, accidents will happen! Today we will start breaking down the high camps and in a few days we, the last expedition, will abandon the mountain.

It’s a tragedy that has happened, for us climbers the mountains are the most beautiful thing, but now they seem so cruel!  We lost our expedition member and friend. Personally I climbed on five expeditions with Haris, Cho Oyu, Lothse, Baruntse, Shishapangma and Khan Tengri. He was a unique person, always ready to discuss interesting topics. Personally I will remember all these good moments we had together.

My deepest condolences to the family, I understand how hard it is to lose someone without a trace and it must be difficult to understand what happened. Unfortunately Humans are not made to live up here; we can only be temporary guests.

Yours sincerely,

Arnold Coster, expedition leader


Dear Everest News Readers,
Yesterday evening Adele and Guntis arrived safely, but exhausted in ABC. They are doing well and healthy and are happy to eat some good food and got a good night of sleep!
This morning our Sherpa staff headed out again to look for Haris again for the fourth day! There is still no sign of him. The last radio contact we had with him was yesterday morning. The last two days visibility was bad, today is a little better, so that gives us hope. On the radio he said he was close to C4, but if he is taking shelter in a cave or crevasse it will be hard to find him, because we can't see him. We encouraged him to start moving down, so at least then we have a chance to locate him or his tracks. Let's hope we can spot him today and have contact with him again.....................
Of course I will give more news as soon as I have this, but for now this is all I have.
Arnold Coster, expedition leader

Tunc on Summit

Dear Everest News readers,
Here is an update what happened on the mountain:
The 20th, Mor left Basecamp to sleep in C1, the rest of the team went to C2 direct the next day.
So the whole team slept in C2 together on the 21st. To our surprise all the other expedition teams where also still there and didn't go anywhere higher on the mountain!
To avoid a traffic jam on the Makalu La and the summit, I decided to split the team in two groups. A slow group who summits from C4 7750m and a fast group who could summit from C3 7450.
The 22nd, Haris, Mor, Kancha, Wongchu, and Pemba left C2 to climb to C3. Everybody arrived there in good health. Mor and Haris took a long time to reach there though and both used oxygen. The 23rd the rest of the team reached C3 and the same day Haris an Mor climbed to C4 7750m. Our plan was to leave our camp at 21:00 and try to summit on the 24th. When we woke up around 20:00 it was snowing! We waited a couple hours, but the snowing never stopped, we decided to delay our summit attempt to the next day in hope the weather will be better.
Mor didn't feel comfortable anymore and didn't want to wait an other day. He decided to abandon his summit attempt and descended to C2 together with Wongchu Sherpa.
A very difficult decision, much more difficult to make than just keep on going, but a very wise one!

Makalu French Couloir

Later in the day the weather cleared and we decided to leave our camp at 20:00 for our summit attempt. The night was clear and cold -40C, but no wind!
After 1.5 hour we reached C4 and Haris joined the rest of the group on the summit attempt. From here we climbed between seracs until about 8000m after that there is a snow ramp with many crevasses until about 8200m where the French Couloir starts. The couloir is steep with " Mixed" rock and ice, our Sherpa's did a very good job here replacing a lot of the old ropes there. After the couloir you reach the summit shoulder 8400m which gradually gave way to the summit towers, necessitating climbing on sharp ridges with unreliable snow and ice, resulting in a just very sharp and small summit enough for 3 persons!
The summit is a magnificent exposed place, with superb views to Tibet and Nepal.

Makalu Near Summit

Tunc was the first on the summit followed by Arnold, Lakpha and Dawa. Two hours later also Guntis, Haris and Kancha Sherpa summited.
The weather was great and no wind at all! but we could see in the sky it was not going to stay like this and sure enough it was stormy in the afternoon.

Arnold on Summit

When I descended I found to my surprise Adele still in the French Couloir, according to the last Sherpa in line she would have given up her summit attempt and descended 2 hours before? She was very confused and cold! Luckily I still had a full bottle of oxy in my pack and decided to give her this. I increased her oxy consumption to 4l/min, but her condition didn't improve much. We had to give her medice and guide her down to C4. This was very hard work for me and Dawa Sherpa, she couldn't stand up and we had her drag her down to lower altitude! luckily she became a little better close to C4 and she could walk herself again. It was 20:00 by now and we where 24hr on the mountain!
The whole team was spread out on the mountain. Tunc and Lakpha where already in C3. Guntis, Adele, Dawa and me in C4. but the was still no sign of Haris and Kancha Sherpa.
Later I got a radio call from Haris, that he was lost and didn't know where he was. Kancha waited for him for hours, but couldn't locate him. For his own safety he decided to go to C4 and look for him the next morning again. We spoke Haris on the radio again the next morning and also had radio contact today. He is very exhausted and is seemingly coming down the mountain, but weather and visibility are very bad. From C4 we can't see anything at all, but our Sherpa's are there and doing their best to locate him! Everything to help him is in place!
This the end of this dispatch, until I have more news about Haris.
Arnold Coster, expedition leader
  • 05/26 Makalu 2010: Several members (we think 7) of Arnold's Team summit including Tunc ; Arnold is helping to rescue climbers... the message was very unclear, everything seems ok with Arnold team

  • 05/24 Makalu 2010: Arnold Coster called, they are planning to attempt the summit, the message was very hard to understand; wish them luck

20 may 2010

ABC vieuw

We have been hanging around ABC now for 13 days, reading books, listening to music, doing Laundry and just talking away in our dinning tent about nothing and celebrate my birthday. Some teams couldn't wait and did some summit attempt, but they all came down with no result. Other teams decided this is enough and went home.
Our friends from the German team had to leave, because they run out of time and had to go back to their jobs home. Three of their team members could extent their stay, Luis, Alix and Joe. We adopted them in our team, so we have another nationality added in our team. For us it's nice to have new ideas and have fresh conversations at the dinning table!

My Birthday

The weather is a little unpredictable and the good stable weather, like in normal seasons, is not here yet.
Some say a late moeson is the reason, but actually nobody knows why.
We can see a little light in the darkness though, today the wind changed from direction and it looks like the high winds on the summit are going to slow down a little the next couple of day, although it's not perfect yet.
We decided to go with most of the team to C2 tommorow and give it a shot. If we are lucky winds die down on the 22nd and we can pitch our tents in C3 on the Makalu la. This will give us a good position for a summit attempt on the 23th or 24th.
So wish us luck and stay tuned for more news
Arnold Coster, expedition leader


The jet stream winds are howling on the mountain and at ABC the prayer flags are fluttering furiously. As we have plenty of time it is time to sit and wait for our weather window to arrive. Maintaining mental sanity is so important, base camp life neither stimulates or enhances fitness. At 5700m motivation is difficult but the Coster team maintains their spirits by throwing a party for the other climbers at base camp and to repay Tjering Dorje's  team for their hospitality. Daily walks and evening movies also help to pass the time as we wait for the winds to die down.
Our so far quite exact weather forecast provided by Fugro geos does not look too promising for the next few days and it does not look like the winds will die down until at least the 20th May for a summit push. A small lapse in the wind tommorow will however enable or Sherpa team to deposit the oxygen at the Makalu La. Our Sirdar in the meantime is hunting for fresh meat and toilet paper down in the valley whilst the black market price of any toilet tissue is rising rapidly at ABC.  So for the time being we are occupying our time in our local bar which has been opened by our kitchen staff and enjoying the banter between the different camps.
Climbing 8000m peaks is not just a physical challenge but a mental one as well. Sometimes you wonder why we climb these Himylayan giants but the rewards of success are unmeasureable. Lets just hope our patience pays off.
As soon as we get a more definate picture about the weather we shall let you know our plans.
This is Adele Penington writing from Team Coster.

Dear Everest News readers,
Just a short message from me Arnold, the expedition leader. All members are strong and healthy and doing fine. So far our acclimatisation is going well and our camps 1,2 and 3 are installed on the mountain. Our weather forecast provided by Fugro Geos tells us there is a strong wind period coming, up to 100 km/h at 8000m! This gives us a good chance to rest in ABC before we will go high on the mountain again. So it's laundry, shower and movie time and wait until the good weather is coming again. Read the experiences of Tunc Findik and Guntis Brands below and stay tuned for more news as soon as we know what the weather is doing next...........


Namaste from Makalu Advanced Base Camp! This is Turkish Climber Tunc Findik reporting.
All went well for our team and we have finished our acclimatisation schedule by almost touching camp 3 at Makalu North Saddle, 7440 metres altitude. The team is healthy and generally doing well. The weather was strange here for the last week, as usual for the beginning of may in Nepal- Himalaya. Clouds, mist and some precipitation  of snow and normal temperatures around 7000 metres, and fortunately not  strong winds, enabled us to go high on Makalu.


Previously we all had slept up high at camp 2, 6700 metres. This time we again slept at camp 2 and climbed mixed terrain to Makalu- La. The climb from camp 2 to camp 3 is quite interesting, the first half being on snow slopes up to 45 degrees and including crossing some big and hidden crevasses. The second half of the ascent is on rocky terrain interspersed with some blue ice. Up after 7150 metres, one reaches a snowy, wide terrace and beyond that, easy climbing on rocks gets you to Makalu La, where our camp 3 will be temporarily put for the coming summit assault.
While our strong Sherpa team made a deposit of tents and gear on Makalu La, our team followed different schedules that were fitted personally. Most of our team went to camp 1 and 2, and then went up to camp 3, some went to camp 2 and ascended almost camp 3, and i used the ascent direct to almost Makalu La from base camp. During our ascent, the weather was mercifully calm with some fine weather cumulus clouds, and you could almost climb in thinner clothing. Climbing in the mixed terrain of yellow spotted granite and shiny blue ice was fascinating- and knowing that next time we will be there is for the summit attempt is even more exciting!


Nowadays we are resting in the relative comfort of our Advanced Base Camp at 5750 metres and we will be waiting until the high winds of 8000 metres to subside. This may take a while and the biggest virtue here is to be patient. It is obvious everybody is longing for home, loved ones and the comfortable realms of lower altitudes- but now the critical time of summit is near. We all hope we will be getting a beautiful summit day, with good views of Himalaya from 8463 metres.....
All the best to our friends, supporters and followers!
Tunc Findik  
Another Namaste from Guntis Brands.
Some of us climbed up to camp 2 directly from ABC a couple of days ago.  It snowed in the morning but it was not really bad weather.  We set out after breakfast and the weather started to improve some.  At "Crampon Point", a plastic barrel dumped at the glacier border, we changed to high altitude boots and put on our climbing gear.  The weather was shifting every five minutes from snow to fog or sunshine.  The walk across the glacier was becoming increasingly hot and tiring.  Even if we started late the line at the fixed rope from the glacier to camp 1 was present.  Sometimes it is like the expressway into Paris a Moday morning at 07:30 and there is no difference if you're in our outbound.  Then finally it was our turn.  At this time the rope was completey iced and our jumars didn't bite on the rope so we had to climb up using the rope just holding on to it with a wet glove.
Happily arrived in camp 2 we had drinks and food according to standard schedule.  Our agglomeration at home no. 2 had been vastly increased by new population of French, American and Australian immigrants.  The night fell softly over the camp at 19:00 as usual.  As softly as evening falls the morning is brutal.  One hears people snoaring and coughing, burners are melting snow, preparing scarce breakfasts, people moving around and the worst; the ice inside the tent starts melting and the raindrops fall on you and you previously dry clothing.  The we discovered the surprise: we had forgotten to put on sunscreen on our faces yesterday.  The stiff face confirmed the mistake.  The Makalu tomato club held its first meeting shortly after.
Then: up and go!  Breakfast, mount the crampons and off direction camp 3 using the same principal of the day before, i.e. go late because of the Paris syndrom.  This principal worked out as badly as the day before.  Finally we got on the way and turned at approx. 7150 m rappelling down.  Tunc tells that story above.
We are confident and feel ready to go for the summit in some days time.
More news will follow.

Route to Camp 2

Namaste to our followers and friends from the Advanced Base camp of Makalu! This is Turkish climber Tunc Findik reporting.
These last days, we have climbed up to camp 2 at an altitude of 6700 metres, had a good night sleeping there and completed one more step on acclimatising to higher altitudes. As a team we are doing well and everybody seems to cope with altitude safely- this you could understand from our generally cheerful attitude. We are just back to our Advanced Base Camp and recovering- eating and sleeping well, as well as watching some movies on Arnold's superior home theatre system in our mess tent! As in unison, the weather for these few days are snowy and it is a good time to be resting back in base camp. Another good activity in base camp  is  drinking chang and rakshi (local home made alcohol!!) and making plans for future climbs,  our favorite pastime :-)

Camp 2

Our Sherpa team is doing a great work- without them we would be handicapped for sure. Dawa Sherpa of Loding is our Sirdar and Wongchu, Lhakpa, Temba and Kancha help him in his mission to organise things. Also our kitchen crew is performing miracles in creating different and delicious foods every time. We have a very fine team! 
Repeating shortly we have written in dispatches beforehand, the route up to camp 1 is pretty straightforward and the first quarter is just walking on the rocky moraine until the flat glacier begins. After that, with a rise in the glacier, we negotiated some small but hidden crevasses and climbed a 120 m. high ice wall to reach the great plateau where the camp 1 is situated at 6350 metres. This climb takes around 2 to 6 hours.
The route up to camp 2 is quite short and it involves some short steep steps of climbing in blue ice, and generally speaking, it is a gentle angle to reach camp 2, which is well hidden and protected at the base of some very stable ice cliffs. The climb up to camp 2 takes around 2 to 4 hours.  The view to the west is really breathtaking- you could see the fabled summits of Lhotse, Everest, Baruntse, Ama Dablam, Gauri Shankar and many more stretching along the horizon, as well as the dry brown, ice clad hills of Tibet to the north.
Next time, our plan is to sleep again at camp 2 and  touch Makalu La (the north saddle of Makalu at 7440 metres) and this will make us ready for our summit attempt, which we plan around mid may, when the wind speeds at altitude are mostly lowest.
The weather in Makalu generally is very dry (as we are so near Tibet!) and the mornings are crystal clear, midday mostly brings clouds and wind with little snow sometimes, and nights are mostly calm and cold. These fist days of may, the temperatures seem to get warmer and this brings along some snow.
Best wishes
Tunc Findik

Earlier :Dear Everestnews readers,
We all came back down to ABC yesterday after spending our first night higher on the mountain.
The climb to C1 at 6350m was easier for everybody, acclimatisation is a very slow process.
 It´s all about spending time high on the mountain en going down again to the comforts of ABC to recover.
Everybody climbed to C1 before, so the 2nd time is easier, this process will continue for all our camps.
First time is hard, 2nd time is easy. The whole process to get a good acclimatistaion will take about one month.
During this time we will install our camps, C1 6350m, C2 6800m, C3 7450, C4 7800m and supply them with food, fuel, climbing gear etc.
If all this is in place and the weather is good, we can think about an summit attempt, but this is still a long time from now.
So far we only have a C1 and C2 and high on the mountain strong winds are still rageing, this makes it impossible to go much higher than 7000m at the moment.

Our first night in C1 was good and comfortable, actualy the was a lot less wind in the night as in ABC. What made sleeping easy, it was cold though -25 celcius.
After a good breakfast our Sherpa's whent up and secured some of the crevasses on the way to C2.
There are three teams of our size here, The German exp. from the DAV, Tjering Dorje Sherpa' s group French/American and our International exp.
So far the Germans are one week ahead of us on schedule and they are doing a great job fixing ropes to the Makalu La a very steep rock/ice climb to C3 the crux of the climb.
We try to back them up by carrying ropes up etc.
Our team will rest in ABC for two days now to recover, Tunc and me will put some ropes on the lower part of the glacie tommorow to secure some opening grevasses there1
So everything is fine and going according to plan, stay tuned for the next dispatch,
Arnold Coster, expedition leader


Namaste! This is Turkish climber  Tunc Findik reporting from Makalu advanced base camp.
All is good  here at 5700 metres, and after our puja ceremony of 22nd april, we have climbed to camp 1, situated on a glacier saddle 6350 metres high. Our team does well apart from occasional small health problems and everybody seems to acclimatise really well to altitude.
The climb to camp 1 is quite straightforward. We began by a scree gully, bypassing the lower seracs of the Chago glacier and took to the flat, dry glacier slope reaching a small ice wall, approx 100  metres high at around 6200 metres. There  are some crevasses to negotiate around and be careful, but it is surprising that the mountain is very dry- all blue ice and yellow- black rocks!


We made a storage tent at camp 1 and  tomorrow, by 25th april, we will be  climbing back up to camp 1 and explore camp 2 and beyond to 7000 metres.
The base camp is really comfortable for us- good food, good rest and superb views of Chamlang and other peaks around Makalu, not mentioning the majestic west wall of Makalu. The ABC is a very windy spot, which can border at annoying at times.
So- all the best to you our followers and supporters from Makalu- the black pyramid!
Tunc Findik


Hello Everestnews readers,
Today we had a great "Puja", a ceremony to ask for the mountain favour to climb it. A "lama" buddist priest, prayed for our safe passage. we put our pray flags in abc, danced with the Sherpa's and met a lot off old friends from other expeditions we have climbed with on other peaks before.
Tommorow we will climb to camp 1 approx 6100m, leave some grear there and come back down to abc. The next couple off weeks this will be our life. Climb up to a higher altitude and then go down to rest again.
For now this is it, Arnold Coster 


As we walked around the corner towards Shershong (4600m), the South East ridge of Makau unravelled itself with the summit rising a huge 3700m from base camp (BC). Arriving at BC (4700m) after 10 days on the trail marked the completion of the first stage of the expedition, which in itself provided some of the best trekking to be encountered in Nepal.
The journey to base camp started in Tumlingtar at just 400m above sea level and the gateway to the Arun Valley. Tumlingtar's tiny grass airstrip provides easy access to the trek in just a 45minute flight from Kathmandu. From here a two and a half hour jeep drive saves two days trekking in the heat of the lower altitude and takes us to Chichila (1850m). Here porters who are more than happy to recieve work in this remote trekking region of Nepal gather to collect their loads as we set off on our journey to BC. For the first three days we trek through small villages as the trail winds its way through dense rhododendrum forests. Every spare piece of flat land is terraced to support the growth of crops for the local communities. Each day we loose and gain height and eventually cross the massive Arun Khola (river) and reach Tashigoan (2100m), which is home for many porters. Tashigoan is like a station interchange and seems to be a compulsory stop before progressing onto the next stage of the trek, where T houses and porter accomodation is far and few between. After a day purchasing fresh meat and vegetables and finalising porter loads we set off Northwards on the ridge bounded by the Kasuwa Khola on the east and the Ipsurwa Khola on the west.
After an overnight stay in Khongma (3515m) we cross four passes and get the most amazing views of numerous Himylayan peaks including Kachenjanga and Makalu. The Shipton La (4200m) marks the high point of the day before we descend to the Barun Nadi (valley) which we follow for the final two days into base camp. At BC we sit and stare at the grandeur of Makalu towering directly above us. In three days time we will move our camp to Advance Base Camp (ABC) 5300m where we begin our climb.

Earlier: Arnold live WAV file , mpg file (same dispatch)

Earlier: Arnold live WAV file , mpg file (same dispatch)

Dear Everestnews reader,  Yesterday 7 april we finally flew to Tumlingtar. Our flight was scheduled at noon, but we had to wait on the waiter in Tumlingtar to improve. There where too much clouds hanging around the airport. There are no good navigation systems on the small airports here in Nepal, so if you can't see the runway you can't land. Luckely after a couple hours the weather cleared and we where able to go! It's only a 45 min flight, but our staff whent by truck and took them 2 days!

 Tumlingtar airport is just a grasstrip in the middle of some hills. A quiet warm place, because it's only 450m high.

After a nice Nepali meal and some beers we spent our first night in a village again and everybody had a good quiet sleep. No sound of traffic, planes, music. It's good to be out of Kathmandu!

 In the morning we drove by Landcruiser to Chichilla at 1850m, before this was a 2 day walk, but now with the dirtroad only 3 hours. We met all our staff there and they prepered a nice lunch for us. Tonight we will sleep in tents, these are going to be our home for the next 60 days!

 So evreything is fine, tommorow we will walk to Num at 1530m, the first of the eight days of walking to base camp...........

 Arnold Coster, expedition leader


Hello Everestnews readers,
Today I went to the ministery of tourism for our expedition briefing and we received our permit.
So everything is fine and we will be on the way soon.
Saturday all the climbing staff, Tunc Findik and me went to Lama Gyek Ombila Rimpoche to get our expedition blessed and pray for a safe passage on the mountain.

Our staff will leave 5am Monday morning by truck to Tumlingtar. First they will drive Hilli, a 16 hour drive and the next day to tumlingtar. Here they will arrange transport to Chichila for us. We can drive there over a small trail by 4x4 and pick up truck. From Chichila we will start trekking to Makalu base, this will take another eight days.
All members will arrive tomorrow, Monday, morning and afternoon. We will have a group dinner in the evening, but most of us already met before. Wednesday we will fly to Tumlingtar and catch up with the staff...............
Arnold Coster, expedition leader

Dear Everest news readers,

I am in Kathmandu for two weeks already preparing the Makalu expedition.

Already met Miss Hawley and got the latest information about the mountains condition and the other teams who are going to be up there.

Things are going well and I am almost finished packing. We roughly packed 2500 kg of gear meaning: tents, stoves, food, ropes, tables and chairs. We will have a full base camp setup with a big heated dinning tent, 2 toilets, shower, kitchen and staff dining. Electricity from solar power and even a projector to see some movies when we have to hang out in Base camp in case of bad weather or when we are resting. Everything is going to be carried up to Base camp by men power. For that we will need about 80 porters who will carry 30kg each for 7 days! These guys are though!

We have a strong international team of climbers all of us climbed multiple 8000m peaks before and for half the team climbing is their job.

Arnold Coster, the Netherlands, expedition leader

Tunc Findic, Turkish

Haris Kiriakakis, Greek

Mor Doron, Israeli

Guntis Brands, Swiss

Adele Pennington, British

Ron Rutland, British

We will be supported by the strongest Sherpa team I could find.

Dawa Sherpa from Solu Khumbu, Climbing Sirdar

Wongchu Sherpa from Solu Khumbu, high altitude climber

Lakpha Sherpa from Makalu, high altitude climber

Kanchha Sherpa from Solu Khumbu, high altitude climber

Pemba Chhhiri Sherpa, from Solu Khumbu, high altitude climber

Sange Sherpa from Makalu, head cook

Phuri Sherpa from Solukhumbu, assistant cook

Monday all members will arrive in Kathmandu and the plan is to fly to Tumlingtar on the 7th and start our expedition.

Stay tuned for more news,

Arnold Coster

Background: Outware treks & Expeditions is a family company run by Dutchmen Arnold Coster and his Nepali wife Maya Sherpa. Arnold and Maya go married in2003 and since then they lead many successful expedition and treks together. Both of them are expert climbers with many ascents on their name. They are friendly relax persons treating their clients as true guests. Because their country backgrounds they have extensive contacts in the east and the west, which you will see back in the quality of the treks and expeditions! Many of the world famous Sherpa’s are their family members and work together with them.

Arnold Coster

During our treks 6000m,7000m and 8000m expeditions, you will benefit from the leadership provided by Arnold Coster, fluent English and Dutch speaker. He is a relaxed, considerate and thoughtful person; an expert leader; technical expert and a highly-skilled professional who specializes in getting people to the summit and back down in 100 percent safety. He has extensive knowledge in recognizing and treating altitude sickness and other common health problems during treks & expeditions. He is a good communicator, a great motivator, and has a positive attitude. Arnold is at home in any terrain, with any kind of group. He is an expert technical rock and ice climber. Arnold Coster's first Himalayan climb was on 8,156 meter-high Manaslu, but he led numerous expeditions. Arnold has led 5 successful summits on Everest (north and South) and 4 successful expeditions to Cho Oyu, but also Shishapangma, Lhakpa Ri, Mustag Ata, Khan Tengri, Mt Kenia and Kilimanjaro

Maya Sherpa

Maya is our connection with the Sherpa people. She is also a well accomplished high altitude climber. She was the first Nepali woman on numerous peaks as: Ama Dablam 6812m, Pumori 7112m, Cho Oyu 8211m, Khan Tengri 7010m. She has two accents of Everest also, from the north and the south. She is a relax person with good communication skills, which helps us to get the best out of our staff. She is a trained leader from the Nepalese Mountaineering Association, so she has solid technical skills. Maya is also trying to do something back for her country; she is active in many NGO’s and wants to be an example for other woman in Nepal. Maya led expeditions to Everest, Cho Oyu, Shishapangma, Lothse and Khan Tengri

Outware treks & Expeditions (p)Ltd.  

Nepal Mobile: +977 9803689273

Holland Mobile: +31 (0) 620236551 





Millet One Sport Everest Boot  has made some minor changes by adding more Kevlar. USES Expeditions / High altitude / Mountaineering in extremely cold conditions / Isothermal to -75°F Gore-Tex® Top dry / Evazote Reinforcements with aramid threads. Avg. Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz Sizes: 5 - 14 DESCRIPTION Boot with semi-rigid shell and built-in Gore-Tex® gaiter reinforced by aramid threads, and removable inner slipper Automatic crampon attachment Non-compressive fastening Double zip, so easier to put on Microcellular midsole to increase insulation Removable inner slipper in aluminized alveolate Fiberglass and carbon footbed Cordura + Evazote upper Elasticated collar.

Expedition footwear for mountaineering in conditions of extreme cold.  NOTE US SIZES LISTED. See more here.



Altitude pre-


   Atlas snowshoes

   Black Diamond




   CaVa Climbing Shoes

   Clif Bar




   Edelweiss ropes
Eureka Tents




   Granite Gear


   Ice Axes

   Kavu Eyewear







   Mountain Hardwear




   New England Ropes







   Princeton Tec

   Prescription Glacier



   Rope Bags

   Seattle Sports

Sleeping Bags






   Tool Logic

   Trekking Poles
and more here



Send email to     •   Copyright© 1998-2003 EverestNews.com
All rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, Visitor Agreement, Legal Notes: Read it